Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your:
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Payment information (including credit card numbers)
- Email address
- Phone number
We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site including:
- Processing your payment information
- Arrangements for shipping
- Providing you with invoices and/or order confirmation
- Communication with you
- Screening our orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services
How We Use Your Device Information
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site. For example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share some of your Personal Information with third-parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site.
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:
- Google Analytics Opt-out - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit:
- Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by visiting:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting:
- Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at - http://optout.aboutads.info/
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
European Privacy Rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at the following address: Appion, inc 2800 S Tejon St, Englewood, CO 80110.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third-Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information, disclosed to those parties.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated March 27th, 2020